Trying to come up with a payment for expensive car insurance can take a big chunk out of your checking account and force you to tighten up your finances.
Statistics show that 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in the U.S. could save an average of up to $859 each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes.
Popular companies such as State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
Affordable companies for Volkswagen CC insurance
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$230||$418||$450||$26||$134||$1,258||$105|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$228||$506||$500||$30||$150||$1,414||$118|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$300||$616||$500||$30||$150||$1,596||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in zip code location which can modify auto insurance rates greatly.
Analysis of deductible levels
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Volkswagen CC premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote San Diego car insurance depending on your company.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a safe driver class could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer discounts in San Diego, click here to view.
How much car insurance do I need?
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in San Diego.
After filling out this short form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in San Diego that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in San Diego that can give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that can give you rate quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Respected companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to try to convey promises about savings if you move your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can give you a lower rate on Volkswagen CC insurance in San Diego? Here is how they do it.
Many companies can use profiling for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer should be a mature driver, carries high limits, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest prices in San Diego and as a result will probably save some money.
Drivers who do not meet the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
Each company has different criteria, so you need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will give you lower car insurance rates than your current company.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious Volkswagen CC insurance can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
As you quote San Diego car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Volkswagen CC insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in San Diego, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)