Are you looking for a better way to compare lower-priced Volkswagen Atlas insurance in San Diego? Scraping up a payment for high-priced Volkswagen Atlas insurance in San Diego can bottom out your family’s budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing price quotes is a great way to make ends meet.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. California drivers could save approximately 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to get the best deal for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in San Diego.
Best companies for affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in California
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Diego auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Club Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, driver training, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good student, defensive driver
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, new car, driver training, good student, multi-car, and student away at school.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, anti-theft, safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and pay-in-full.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in California, follow this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Only buy what you need – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Some car insurance companies give discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save more without the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
Vocation reflects on rates – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, social workers and medical professionals usually pay higher average rates because of intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, careers like professors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
What type of car do you drive? – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. Since the Volkswagen Atlas is considered a compact SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower compared to average rates in San Diego. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means fewer accidents. Drivers in populated California areas have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
How your age affects premiums – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If the Volkswagen Atlas is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Can’t I compare rates from local San Diego car insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is still important in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents in San Diego can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in San Diego that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are San Diego exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Which family members are covered?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance in San Diego is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop San Diego auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about insurance in California is available below:
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)