Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Toyota Yaris insurance in San Diego? Comparing and finding more affordable coverage rates for Toyota Yaris insurance in San Diego could be slightly frustrating for drivers who are beginners to buying insurance online. People have so many choices that it can be a challenge to find cheaper prices in California.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. San Diego drivers could save about 35% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the lowest-priced auto insurance coverage in San Diego is not as difficult as people think. Nearly every vehicle owner who is required by state law to have auto insurance should find a cheaper policy. But California consumers must understand the way companies market on the web and use it to your advantage.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can qualify you for substantially lower prices.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, teen driver, mature driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multiple vehicles, teen driver, air bags, anti-theft, and paid in full.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, good student, safe driver, multi-policy, and driver training.
- USAA has discounts for vehicle storage, loyalty savings, new vehicle, good student, military installation, and annual mileage.
If you want the cheapest Toyota Yaris rate quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from lots of California auto insurance companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest Toyota Yaris insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$204||$446||$674||$40||$202||$1,566||$131|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$168||$332||$456||$26||$136||$1,118||$93|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,474||$123|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$434||$686||$654||$38||$196||$2,008||$167|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$262||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,304||$109|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific San Diego garaging location which can change prices noticeably.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Yaris auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in San Diego.
Once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in San Diego for you
When finding a local San Diego insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in San Diego can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in San Diego that may be able to give price quote information.
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
- Einhorn Insurance
3940 Hancock St – San Diego, CA 92110 – (858) 336-4644 – View Map
- ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in San Diego that can give you price quote information.
- Val Myers – State Farm Insurance Agent
12925 El Camino Real, Ste J26 – San Diego, CA 92130 – (858) 481-0401 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Philip Mullane
3555 Rosecrans St Ste 202 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 223-2191 – View Map
- Bob Francy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
11885 Carmel Mountain Rd #905 – San Diego, CA 92128 – (858) 451-1915 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in San Diego, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
In the end, you can save money
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper Toyota Yaris insurance in San Diego is possible online in addition to many San Diego insurance agents, so get free San Diego auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)