Do you want to learn to get the cheapest Toyota Rav4 insurance in San Diego? No one in their right mind is fond of buying insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
Unbelievable but true, most insurance policyholders have been with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. San Diego drivers could save themselves approximately $500 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheaper insurance by shopping around. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Toyota Rav4 insurance in San Diego.
Lowering your Toyota Rav4 auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to take a few minutes comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable San Diego car insurance quotes.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to spend time driving to different San Diego agent offices. Comparing online rate quotes can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$316||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,566||$131|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$270||$454||$450||$26||$134||$1,334||$111|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$192||$332||$456||$26||$136||$1,142||$95|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$206||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,348||$112|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$316||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,566||$131|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,518||$127|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$334||$662||$534||$32||$160||$1,722||$144|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$334||$662||$534||$32||$160||$1,722||$144|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$372||$790||$534||$32||$160||$1,888||$157|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$346||$632||$456||$26||$136||$1,596||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower rates substantially.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders influence Toyota Rav4 insurance rates for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Rav4 in San Diego, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Toyota but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get affordable Toyota Rav4 insurance in San Diego with discounts
Some companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Telematics Discount – San Diego drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Rav4 insurance premium.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and good driver.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and education and occupation.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, membership and employees, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, ease of repair, annual mileage, multi-policy, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, distant student, bundle discounts, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in San Diego. To find insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, follow this link.
Buying auto insurance from San Diego car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in San Diego.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to insurance agents in San Diego who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When looking for a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. San Diego agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent agencies in San Diego who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Diego who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in San Diego?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Persistence will pay off
Budget-friendly car insurance in San Diego can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in San Diego, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
When getting San Diego car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Toyota Rav4 insurance prices online in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Diego Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)