Want to know how to find the cheapest Toyota Prius Prime insurance in San Diego? Finding cheap Toyota Prius Prime insurance in San Diego is kind of frustrating for drivers who have little experience quoting coverage prices online. With such a big selection of agents and insurers to choose from, it can easily turn into a real difficult job to compare prices in California on Toyota Prius Prime insurance.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in America could save as much as 46.5% each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You need to check insurance prices before your policy renews since prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in San Diego at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in San Diego.
Cheap companies for Toyota Prius Prime insurance in California
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower-cost San Diego auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Prius Prime insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in San Diego.
Buy More Affordable Auto Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Is you employer costing you more? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as military generals, architects and financial analysts have the highest rates attributed to high stress and long work days. Conversely, careers like professors, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Always keep your coverage in force – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Women pay lower costs – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Affects performance affects auto insurance costs – The type of car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Toyota Prius Prime is considered a compact car, insurance will be the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in San Diego.
Car features impact auto insurance rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Vehicles with better crash test results lower rates – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Traffic violations hurt – Even one citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Car insurance can be complex
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Toyota Prius Prime?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in San Diego who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Diego?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents in San Diego are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are San Diego exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: James Calafata
4325 Cass St – San Diego, CA 92109 – (858) 483-7171 – View Map
- Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
- Bob Francy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
11885 Carmel Mountain Rd #905 – San Diego, CA 92128 – (858) 451-1915 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in San Diego that are able to give price quotes.
- AG Insurance Agency
11440 W Bernardo Ct #161 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 431-9880 – View Map
- Nickie Heath Insurance Agency
16855 W Bernardo Dr # 230 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 487-3737 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
If you get acceptable answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage. Just remember it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel you are locked into your new company for the entire policy term.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver or even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Cheaper insurance in San Diego can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.
We covered many tips how you can get a better price on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in San Diego, California? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)