Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in San Diego? Finding better insurance prices for a Toyota Land Cruiser in California can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Toyota and get the lowest possible price either online or from San Diego insurance agents.
Shockingly, most insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in San Diego can cut their rates by up to 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to find affordable insurance rates.
Affordable rates by receiving discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Land Cruiser can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Diego car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, driver training, good student, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may offer discounts for FullPay discount, auto/life discount, resident student, farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, good payer, and senior citizen.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, multi-policy, easy pay, and business or organization.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in your area.
Compare San Diego Toyota Land Cruiser insurance price quotes
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in your specific San Diego location which can alter price quotes greatly.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Toyota Land Cruiser insurance prices with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Land Cruiser book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $200 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Toyota Land Cruiser yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Land Cruiser auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in San Diego.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
The different types of car insurance agents
When finding a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the selection process.
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free rate quotes.
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
- Anchor General Insurance Agency-Texas
10256 Meanley Dr – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 527-3600 – View Map
- Einhorn Insurance
3940 Hancock St – San Diego, CA 92110 – (858) 336-4644 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are San Diego exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Kevin Kane – State Farm Insurance Agent
3914 Murphy Canyon Rd a252 – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 514-0385 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Patrick Wang
8650 Genesee Ave Ste 108 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 623-3344 – View Map
- Matt Kalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
4148 Voltaire St – San Diego, CA 92107 – (619) 223-1629 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been in business in San Diego?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
After you get good answers to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will service your policy. It’s important to know that once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you are obligated to any specific company for a certain time period.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
Cost effective Toyota Land Cruiser insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)