Trying to find more affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance in San Diego can seem to be quite difficult for drivers who are new to quoting coverage prices online. Drivers have so many options available that it can be a ton of work to compare coverage rates on Suzuki XL-7 insurance.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of California drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save up to $859 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. These tips will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and also save some money in the process But California consumers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding a better price. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so you also need to get quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Lower-cost San Diego car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount available very well, so the below list has both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Student – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Early Switch Discount – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current XL-7 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get San Diego auto insurance quotes online.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Anti-theft System – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A few companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free San Diego auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered in San Diego. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in San Diego, click here.
How You Can Control Suzuki XL-7 Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Having a spouse pays dividends – Being married actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Prices and occupation – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and miners generally have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- How your age affects prices – Beginning drivers in California have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto your insurance can be quite pricey. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Poor credit history equals high costs – Having a good credit score factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Suzuki XL-7 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Buying insurance from San Diego auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in San Diego who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Pick the best car insurance agent in San Diego for you
When researching a good San Diego insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in San Diego can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give rate quotes.
- Steve Lewis – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Jackson Dr Ste 7 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 466-3276 – View Map
- Rick Wiese – State Farm Insurance Agent
2333 Camino del Rio S – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 293-7211 – View Map
- Fred Shadlow – State Farm Insurance Agent
7332 Casper Dr – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 464-4261 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you will want to include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get rate quotes.
- San Diego Insurance
4411 Mercury St #105b – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 565-6695 – View Map
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
- AG Insurance Agency
11440 W Bernardo Ct #161 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 431-9880 – View Map
Don’t listen to company ads
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to seem to make the promise of big savings if you change your policy. How does each company charge less that you’re paying now?
Most companies have specific criteria for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. For example, a profitable risk profile might have to be a female over age 40, has no claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who matches that profile will probably get the lowest rates as well as save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will see higher rates which results in business not being written. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great premium rates. This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many free San Diego auto insurance quotes as you can. It’s just not possible to know which insurance company will have better car insurance rates than you’re paying now.
One last thing to lower rates
You just learned a lot of techniques to shop for Suzuki XL-7 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents. More affordable insurance in San Diego can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in San Diego, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you quote San Diego auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)