Would you like to save money by finding more affordable Subaru WRX insurance in San Diego? Finding the best price on San Diego insurance probably sounds like a formidable task if you are like most people and have never completed online rate comparisons. But don’t surrender to high rates because we’re going to show you how to find cheap Subaru WRX in San Diego.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of California drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. consumers can save as much as $850 each year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons at least once a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Subaru WRX insurance in San Diego on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about WRX insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best techniques to reduce your insurance bill.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying affordable policy in San Diego is actually quite simple. But California consumers need to learn the way insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
Compare Subaru WRX insurance rates
There are several ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. One of the best ways to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Just remember that comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find a better price. Not every company does San Diego WRX insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru WRX insurance, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your WRX, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Save $412 a year. For real?
Insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you switch your insurance policy to them. That’s great but how can every company offer you a better deal on Subaru WRX insurance in San Diego? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of a desirable risk should be a married male, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Someone that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and will also save a lot of money.
Insureds who don’t measure up to these standards will probably have to pay higher premiums and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates. Because of this risk profiling, you should do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to predict the company that will provide the lowest Subaru WRX insurance in San Diego.
Get affordable Subaru WRX insurance in San Diego with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Telematics Discount – San Diego drivers who agree to allow companies to study vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include drive less, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, multi-car, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and student away at school.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for student driver, theft prevention, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, good student, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in San Diego.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in San Diego that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in San Diego should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Diego?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in San Diego who can help you get price quote information.
- Bob Francy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
11885 Carmel Mountain Rd #905 – San Diego, CA 92128 – (858) 451-1915 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
- Karen L Wroan – State Farm Insurance Agent
12780 High Bluff Dr #180 – San Diego, CA 92130 – (858) 755-7553 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Diego who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
- Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
How to know if you need help
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Subaru WRX?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Lower rates by being persistent
When searching for cheaper San Diego car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)