Are you looking for low-cost Subaru BRZ insurance in San Diego? Shopping for budget-priced San Diego Subaru BRZ insurance quotes can appear to be intimidating for people new to quoting and shopping for insurance online. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how are people expected to have time to compare each option to find the best available price?
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. California drivers could save themselves $500 a year, but they won’t spend time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
You should take the time to shop coverage around yearly because prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Subaru BRZ insurance in San Diego a couple years back you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Affordable Subaru BRZ insurance quotes in San Diego
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in San Diego could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Diego and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper BRZ insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new BRZ may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A few companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area.
How to get cheap Subaru BRZ insurance in San Diego
To get inexpensive San Diego auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to obtain and compare prices from many different California insurance companies. The best method to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors that factor into rates.
Certain jobs raise rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like military generals, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest rates attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Combine home and auto and save – Most larger insurers will award lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Only buy coverage you need – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your insurance policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you frequently file small claims, don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California provide cheaper rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Do males or females drive better? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
Loss statistics for a Subaru BRZ – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium costs. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Subaru BRZ Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in San Diego that can provide free San Diego auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in San Diego are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego that can possibly get you free insurance rate quotes.
- Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in San Diego who can help you get price quotes.
- Duane Werner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6663 El Cajon Blvd j – San Diego, CA 92115 – (619) 668-5414 – View Map
- Mike Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2254 Moore St #103 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 295-8412 – View Map
- Mike Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
12880 Rancho Penasquitos Blvd d – San Diego, CA 92129 – (858) 484-1297 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Diego?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Diego?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in San Diego, buying insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Subaru for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in California overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Shop smart and save
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for Subaru BRZ insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable San Diego auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)