Would you like to save money by finding low-cost Volkswagen Eos insurance in San Diego? Are you burned out from not being able to afford to insure your Volkswagen every month? You are in the same boat as most other consumers in California.
Statistics show that the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
You need to get comparison quotes as often as possible due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Volkswagen Eos insurance in San Diego last year there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about Eos insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to find affordable car insurance in San Diego.
If you are already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using this information. Buying the cheapest car insurance in San Diego is quite easy. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in better insurance rates.
- Marriage can lower premiums – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Coverage lapses raise premiums – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Where you reside is a factor – Residing in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated California areas regularly have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- The type of car makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Because the Volkswagen Eos is classified as a compact car, rates will be the same to a little lower compared to average rates in San Diego. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Volkswagen Eos claim data – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Models that have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Volkswagen Eos vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Eos Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Eos Convertible 88 77 78 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
To find cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer insurance in California. By far the easiest way to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting rates online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting Volkswagen Eos insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Although you can price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give San Diego Eos insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$184||$354||$416||$24||$124||$1,102||$92|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$300||$618||$574||$34||$172||$1,698||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates substantially.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
The ad said I’d save $479 a year!
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies advertise claims about how much you will save just by switching your coverage. How is it possible that every company can give you a lower rate on Volkswagen Eos insurance in San Diego? You have to listen carefully.
Most companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that will generate a profit. An example of a profitable customer should be over the age of 50, has never had a claim, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer who matches that profile will most likely get cheap premium rates and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for those criteria will see higher premiums and the customer not purchasing. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much when switching. That’s why insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because each company has a different risk profile, it is so important to compare free San Diego auto insurance quotes often. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Three good reasons to insure your Eos
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Eos has a lien holder, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Car insurance companies do not list every discount available very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy San Diego auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies give back up to $50 get San Diego auto insurance on the web.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in San Diego can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote San Diego auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in San Diego.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood San Diego auto insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in San Diego.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Shown below are San Diego car insurance companies that can give you price quote information for Volkswagen Eos insurance in San Diego.
Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
Choosing an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long has their agency been open in San Diego?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Upon getting reasonable responses as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an provider that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Quote more to save more
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents. Cost effective Volkswagen Eos insurance can be bought online in addition to many San Diego insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just presented some good ideas how you can reduce Volkswagen Eos insurance prices online in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)