How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive Suzuki Equator insurance in San Diego? Feeling guilty for buying an expensive car insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are lots of people in the same boat.
Inconceivable but true, most car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,387, California drivers can cut their rates by $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company. Due to the fact that there are so many different company options, it can be hard to locate the best company.
Finding cheaper Suzuki Equator auto insurance prices can be surprisingly simple. All that’s required is to take time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The following companies provide quotes in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$220||$350||$456||$26||$136||$1,188||$99|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$270||$434||$456||$26||$136||$1,322||$110|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$296||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,456||$121|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Equator Ext Cab 4WD||$366||$776||$574||$34||$172||$1,922||$160|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$186||$362||$424||$26||$126||$1,124||$94|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$300||$576||$424||$26||$126||$1,452||$121|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase prices considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below shows the difference between Suzuki Equator auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact formula of when to phase out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Suzuki Equator claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurers don’t list every discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a safe driver class can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Equator can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-car, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, and save driver.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, student driver, good student, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, driver training, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in San Diego. To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in San Diego, click here.
Choosing Equator insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Suzuki Equator in San Diego, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Suzuki at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free San Diego car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Diego?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Types of auto insurance agents
If you need to find a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Diego willing to provide rate quotes.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will provide insurance coverage.