How long has it been since the last time you looked for more competitive Fiat 500 insurance in San Diego? Tired of not being able to afford to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as most other consumers in California.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in San Diego can save up to $500 each year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company. There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates for Fiat 500 insurance in San Diego.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes every six months because rates change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Fiat 500 insurance in San Diego six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. There is too much inaccurate information about 500 insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some proven techniques to quit paying high car insurance rates in San Diego.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in San Diego seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Consumers just have to understand the proper way to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
These discounts can reduce Fiat 500 insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every policy discount very well, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current 500 insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow companies to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, driver’s education, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, bundle discounts, teen driver, switch companies, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, driver training, five-year accident-free, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- American Family has discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, good student, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include family plan, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be available in San Diego.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What is the ISO rating for a Fiat 500?
- What policy terms are available?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local San Diego insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in San Diego that can provide free San Diego car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Diego?
- How are they compensated?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you need to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in San Diego are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can handle insurance, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are San Diego exclusive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in San Diego who can help you get price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in San Diego is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)