Feeling guilty for buying an overpriced insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are a lot of people in San Diego just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. California drivers can cut their rates by $500 a year, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they just switched companies.
There are many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for Chevy Spark insurance in San Diego.
Check for these discounts on Chevy Spark insurance in San Diego
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a San Diego auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Spark insurance in San Diego.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the larger companies that have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best discounts in San Diego, click here.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance can get complicated
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Buying insurance from San Diego car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in San Diego.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego willing to provide comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Any good agent in San Diego should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How are they compensated?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
After receiving acceptable answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Chevy Spark insurance prices online in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in San Diego is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, so you need to shop San Diego auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)