Want a free price quotes on low-cost Honda S2000 insurance in San Diego? Comparison shopping for low cost Honda S2000 insurance in San Diego can be hard for drivers not familiar with comparing prices online. With so many companies in the marketplace, it can easily be a real difficult job to find a more affordable company.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the majority of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers can cut their rates by roughly 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to find cheaper auto insurance rates.
It’s smart to compare rates on a regular basis because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest price on Honda S2000 insurance in San Diego a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage online. Doing online price comparisons for Honda S2000 insurance in San Diego can be done by anyone as you just type in your coverage preferences on the page. Once you submit the form, their rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on the information you submitted.
Getting online rate quotes for Honda S2000 insurance in San Diego makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the best rate on auto insurance.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will get comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right Honda S2000 insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your S2000, almost every bank will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Honda and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Honda S2000 Insurance Premium Factors
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your prices.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Inexperience drivers are proven to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Having to add a youthful driver onto your insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
How many coverages with the same company – Most insurance companies apply discounts for people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
Married people drive safer – Walking down the aisle actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Always keep your coverage in force – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may have to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Higher prices for specific jobs – Jobs such as fire fighters, police officers, and accountants tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
These discounts can cut Honda S2000 insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Honda may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, teen driver, switch companies, homeowner, and business and professional.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, federal employee, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- Esurance has discounts for renters, emergency road assistance, multi-policy, Switch & Save, and paid-in-full.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-theft, safe driver, homeowner, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, accident-free, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
When getting free San Diego auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in California, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower prices but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in San Diego.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in San Diego that can provide free San Diego auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in San Diego can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to check rates from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are San Diego independent insurance agents that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
- Einhorn Insurance
3940 Hancock St – San Diego, CA 92110 – (858) 336-4644 – View Map
- ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in San Diego willing to provide rate quotes.
- Lisa Keith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 Rosecrans St b – San Diego, CA 92106 – (619) 694-4788 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
- Theresa Nguyen-Muth – State Farm Insurance Agent
6650 Flanders Dr F – San Diego, CA 92121 – (858) 450-6000 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Honda S2000 insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Honda S2000 rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with an unexpected company.
The cheapest Honda S2000 insurance in San Diego is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Diego, so get free San Diego auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions and poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
More learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)