Trying to find more affordable Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in San Diego? I can’t think of a single person who loves paying for auto insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in San Diego can save approximately $470 each year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes online.
Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the best price available on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in San Diego.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes as often as possible because insurance prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best rate on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in San Diego on your last policy a different company probably has better premium rates today. There are lots of tips to save on Silverado 2500HD insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to slash your auto insurance rates in San Diego.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding affordable coverage in San Diego is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But California consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
When looking for affordable Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in California. The easiest way by far to find cheaper Chevy Silverado 2500HD rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to go to different San Diego agent offices. The ability to quote Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the personal advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more prices will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$330||$672||$416||$24||$124||$1,566||$131|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$764||$564||$34||$168||$1,862||$155|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,436||$120|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$338||$616||$450||$26||$134||$1,564||$130|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$266||$490||$500||$30||$150||$1,436||$120|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$294||$604||$674||$40||$202||$1,814||$151|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$476||$960||$674||$40||$202||$2,352||$196|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$490||$780||$578||$34||$174||$2,056||$171|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$468||$1212||$604||$36||$180||$2,500||$208|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates greatly.
Raise deductibles and save
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance costs by gender and age
The chart below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Chevy Silverado 2500HD but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Will you really save $428 on insurance?
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the companies try to convey promises about saving some big amount if you just switch to their company. How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured could be between 25 and 40, owns their home, and insures a new vehicle. Any customer that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price and will most likely save money with a new company.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile may receive more expensive rates which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can make the claims of big savings. This really emphasizes why you need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you never know with any certainty which company will have the lowest Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in San Diego.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in San Diego?
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies provide a small discount shop San Diego car insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click here to view.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Diego?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
If you want a local San Diego insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. San Diego agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego who may provide you with price quote information.
Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Below are San Diego independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
The cheapest Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in San Diego can be bought both online in addition to many San Diego insurance agents, so you need to quote San Diego car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)