Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as many other California consumers.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds in California have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save themselves about $860 a year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they changed companies. Drivers have so many insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
You need to shop coverage around before your next renewal because auto insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best price on Volkswagen Golf insurance in San Diego last year you may be paying too much now. You’ll find a ton of advice on Golf insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to slash your auto insurance rates in San Diego.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volkswagen Golf insurance in San Diego?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Paper-free Discount – Many larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance on a new Golf can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from San Diego and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers that offer discounts in San Diego, follow this link.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting Volkswagen Golf insurance prices online is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your coverage preferences on the page. After you submit the form their system gets credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on many factors. Getting online rates for Volkswagen Golf insurance in San Diego streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest payment possible.
To save time and compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving rate quotes for similar coverage.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$238||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,482||$124|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$350||$624||$456||$26||$136||$1,592||$133|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$420||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,218||$185|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can affect premiums greatly.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Volkswagen Golf yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Volkswagen Golf insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Diego who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
What type of San Diego auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to buy insurance from a local San Diego insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures that you can select. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are San Diego exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you need to compare prices from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Diego who can help you get price quote information.
After you get good answers to your questions as well as the cheapest Volkswagen Golf insurance in San Diego quotes, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage.
Affordable insurance prices are available
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Volkswagen Golf insurance in San Diego can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
You just learned many ways to compare Volkswagen Golf insurance prices in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Malibu in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)