Want a free price quotes on more competitive Pontiac GTO insurance in San Diego? Trying to come up with a payment for expensive insurance can draw down your personal savings and make it tough to pay other bills. Getting a rate comparison can save money and help to make ends meet.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in San Diego could save almost $470 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Since you have so many online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find the most cost effective company.
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices yearly because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in San Diego a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about GTO insurance on the internet, but we’re going to give you the easiest ways to buy insurance cheaper in San Diego.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in San Diego is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have a current insurance policy, you will be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. Although California consumers must know how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay because rates fluctuate considerably.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in San Diego is to realize car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as the type of vehicles you drive, if the car is leased, if it has an anti-theft system, and how your vehicles are used. Your rating data is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To find lower affordable Pontiac GTO insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when getting a San Diego car insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on their website.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total GTO insurance premium.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current GTO insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, air bags, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good student, multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers may include discounts for payment discounts, multi-car, save driver, good student, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask every company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in San Diego.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local San Diego auto insurance agents?
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Different types of San Diego auto insurance agents
When finding a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are San Diego exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
After receiving good feedback and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Will my Pontiac GTO be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my Pontiac GTO covered for smoke damage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Shop around and save
Budget-friendly car insurance in San Diego can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many San Diego insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, policy cancellation or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
When searching for affordable San Diego car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)