Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to insure your Mitsubishi every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other people.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. California consumers could save an average of up to $500 each year, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched.
Because you have many options when it comes to auto insurance, it’s difficult to locate the most affordable auto insurance provider.
Shopping for the best auto insurance coverage in San Diego is not that difficult. Essentially every driver who needs cheaper auto insurance will probably find a lower-cost company. Although California drivers benefit from understanding the way companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Lower-cost San Diego insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Mitsubishi Outlander insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, driver’s education, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for accident-free, family plan, easy pay, defensive driving, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, air bags, multi-policy, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, teen driver, driver training, homeowners, and student driver.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in San Diego.
Many insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes for Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in San Diego is very simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Once entered, their quoting system collects reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. The ability to get online quotes for Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in San Diego makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to perform this step in order to get cheap insurance pricing.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlander ES 2WD||$326||$708||$424||$26||$128||$1,612||$134|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$346||$632||$386||$22||$116||$1,502||$125|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$434||$686||$492||$30||$148||$1,790||$149|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$310||$530||$386||$22||$116||$1,364||$114|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$326||$708||$424||$26||$128||$1,612||$134|
|Outlander ES 4WD||$270||$454||$384||$22||$114||$1,244||$104|
|Outlander XLS 2WD||$428||$834||$508||$30||$152||$1,952||$163|
|Outlander XLS 4WD||$286||$502||$386||$22||$116||$1,312||$109|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$300||$618||$488||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$304||$536||$384||$22||$114||$1,360||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific San Diego garaging location which can impact coverage prices greatly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Mitsubishi Outlander insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Save money by having responsible credit – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Mitsubishi Outlander by repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Never allow your auto insurance policy to lapse – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Employer and insurance rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, executives and financial analysts tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Long commutes cost more – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating reflects annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Outlander can result in significantly higher rates.
Insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Outlander vehicles – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Mitsubishi Outlander vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Mitsubishi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 2WD||117||104||119||155|
|Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4WD||116||93||140||115|
|Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 2WD||116||121||99||165||146||129|
|Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 4WD||109||118||123||124||139||112|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need an agent?
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is especially important in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in San Diego that can provide free San Diego auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are San Diego exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Diego?
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Outlander in San Diego, maintaining insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mitsubishi Outlander, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mitsubishi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mitsubishi Outlander rate quotes. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)