Searching for lower priced San Diego Lexus RX 450h insurance quotes might seem challenging for people who are new to comparing prices online. With a ridiculous number of insurance companies available, how can people have the ability to compare every company to locate the cheapest price possible?
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many drivers in California could pocket as much as 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around at least once a year because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Lexus RX 450h insurance in San Diego a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can search a lot of RX 450h insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a bunch of ideas how to buy insurance cheaper in San Diego.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. This information will let you in on how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, California consumers should learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
Affordable San Diego Lexus RX 450h insurance
Most of the larger companies like State Farm and Allstate give coverage prices directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Lexus RX 450h insurance in San Diego is fairly straightforward because you just enter your required coverages on the page. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find the cheapest price.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy your coverages just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will receive a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 450H Hybrid 2WD 4-Dr||$370||$764||$524||$32||$156||$1,846||$154|
|RX 450H Hybrid 4WD 4-Dr||$228||$506||$564||$34||$168||$1,500||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can modify insurance rates noticeably.
Age, gender, and Lexus RX 450h insurance
The chart below shows the difference between Lexus RX 450h auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Lexus RX 450h insurance rates for different age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Lexus RX 450h car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus RX 450h replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus RX 450h in San Diego, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a lien holder, most banks will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Lexus RX 450h but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your RX 450h more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads try to convey promises that you’ll save big if you get a free San Diego auto insurance quote and switch your policy. How does every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the way they can do it.
Many companies have underwriting criteria for the right customer that will generate a profit. For instance, this type of driver could possibly be over the age of 50, has no claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile receive the lowest rate quotes in San Diego and most likely will save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the ideal profile may be forced to pay higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why companies can make the claims of big savings. Each company has different criteria, so it’s extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, five-year accident-free, federal employee, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may offer discounts for payment discounts, early quote, new car, save driver, and driver training.
- Nationwide offers discounts including family plan, Farm Bureau membership, good student, accident-free, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, teen driver, youthful driver, distant student, early shopping, mature driver, and multi-car.
- Esurance may include discounts for paid-in-full, claim free, Switch & Save, homeowner, DriveSense, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for professional/association, good student, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
When getting free San Diego auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in San Diego.
What if I want to buy from local San Diego auto insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in San Diego should have no problem answering these questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are San Diego exclusive agents who may provide you with price quote information.
- Mike Morrell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2207 Garnet Ave a – San Diego, CA 92109 – (858) 273-3001 – View Map
- Val Myers – State Farm Insurance Agent
12925 El Camino Real, Ste J26 – San Diego, CA 92130 – (858) 481-0401 – View Map
- David Thompson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 217 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 560-5400 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you should always get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are San Diego independent agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
- Stanley Wong Insurance
4619 Convoy St # C – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 569-0383 – View Map
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, hail damage and fire damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Lexus RX 450h.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as doctor visits, nursing services, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your RX 450h resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your RX 450h to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Auto insurance savings summarized
We covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Lexus RX 450h insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you quote San Diego auto insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is San Diego Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)