Do you want a faster way to compare more affordable Lexus RX 350 insurance in San Diego? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Lexus RX 350 in California can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage on a Lexus and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and San Diego agents.
Unimaginable but true, 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many drivers in the U.S. could save almost $860 a year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
Getting low cost Lexus RX 350 auto insurance pricing is an easy way to save money. You just have to take time comparing price quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$372||$792||$480||$28||$144||$1,816||$151|
|RX 350 4WD||$302||$490||$654||$38||$196||$1,680||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter rates considerably.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The information below shows the comparison of Lexus RX 350 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Lexus RX 350 insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Lexus RX 350 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Lexus RX 350 claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Lexus RX 350 insurance in San Diego
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new RX 350 may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data submission to look at driving manner by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in San Diego, click here.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in San Diego.
After completing this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in San Diego that can provide free San Diego auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Below are San Diego auto insurance companies who can help you get comparison quotes for Lexus RX 350 insurance in San Diego.
- Mike Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2254 Moore St #103 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 295-8412 – View Map
- Rod Thelen – State Farm Insurance Agent
110 W A St #775 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 234-4882 – View Map
- Oversea Insurance Agency, Inc
1274 Scott St – San Diego, CA 92106 – (800) 266-2662 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Best reasons to buy insurance in California
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus RX 350 insurance, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus with a loan, most lenders will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in San Diego is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Specific coverages for a Lexus RX 350
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, vandalism, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
This coverage covers damage to your RX 350 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your RX 350 to save money on collision insurance.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on Lexus RX 350 insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
The cheapest Lexus RX 350 insurance in San Diego is possible online and with local San Diego insurance agents, so you need to quote San Diego auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)