If you are new to getting San Diego auto insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably baffled because of the huge number insurance agents and companies offering insurance in San Diego.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in the United States could save up to $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You should make it a habit to compare rates periodically due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Hyundai Entourage insurance in San Diego on your last policy you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in San Diego is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Practically anyone who is required to buy auto insurance will most likely be able to find better rates. But California drivers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies price insurance differently because rates fluctuate considerably.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Entourage in San Diego, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Hyundai, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in San Diego is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower Your San Diego Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates. Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse may save some money on car insurance. It is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Claim-free discounts can add up – Car insurance companies in California give the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Responsible drivers pay the best costs – Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have serious citations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to continue driving.
Where you live factors in – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims Residents of big cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
San Diego insurance discounts for a Hyundai Entourage
Auto insurance companies don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Entourage insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Diego auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote San Diego auto insurance depending on your insurance provider.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will bring down the premium cost.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, good student, anti-theft, bundle, and air bag.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, driver training, home ownership, student away at school, payment discounts, continuous insurance, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for pay in full, distant student, homeowner, youthful driver, teen driver, and multi-car.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, driver training, new vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and vehicle storage.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, teen driver discount, multi-policy, multi-car, and safety features.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in San Diego. To find insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buying car insurance from San Diego insurance agents
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in San Diego who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in San Diego who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Patrick Wang
8650 Genesee Ave Ste 108 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 623-3344 – View Map
- Bob Francy III – State Farm Insurance Agent
11885 Carmel Mountain Rd #905 – San Diego, CA 92128 – (858) 451-1915 – View Map
- Bill Flanigan – State Farm Insurance Agent
8888 Clairemont Mesa Blvd n – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 279-2173 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, we recommend you contact independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Diego willing to provide rate quotes.
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Anchor General Insurance Agency-Texas
10256 Meanley Dr – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 527-3600 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Persistence pays off
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper car insurance in San Diego is possible both online and with local San Diego insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Hyundai Entourage insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Hyundai Entourage rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)