Are you searching for more affordable Honda Crosstour insurance in San Diego? If you’re shopping for lower-cost insurance online, are you overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance sources in your area? There are so many options that it can turn into hard work to lower your rates for Honda Crosstour insurance in San Diego. If you’ve ever been there, you know that San Diego is a great city to raise a family in, but paying high car insurance rates can make it impossible to buy full coverage.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in California could save about $470 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Honda Crosstour insurance in San Diego a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Affordable San Diego car insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Organization Discounts – Being in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Crosstour insurance in San Diego.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, daytime running lights, military active duty, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-theft, safe driver, economy car, good payer, passive restraint, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
Before buying, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Diego, click here.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate better pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online San Diego Crosstour insurance quotes, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Eight factors that determine insurance costs
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Use one insurance company and save – Some car insurance companies will give discounts to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- High deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Honda. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- High performance equals high premiums – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Honda Crosstour is classified as a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in San Diego.
- Your occupation can affect prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like real estate brokers, architects and accountants are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and retirees get better rates.
- Safety first – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both genders have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Extra coverages push up rates – There are a ton of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Save by staying claim free – Insurance companies in California generally give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in San Diego?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Can’t I compare rates from local San Diego auto insurance agents?
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in San Diego.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use local San Diego agents, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in San Diego who may provide price quotes.
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
- B H Gold Insurance
9699 Tierra Grande St # 100 – San Diego, CA 92126 – (800) 421-4653 – View Map
- Anchor General Insurance Agency-Texas
10256 Meanley Dr – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 527-3600 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in San Diego that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Mike Foley – State Farm Insurance Agent
5210 Balboa Ave, Ste A1 – San Diego, CA 92117 – (858) 277-1400 – View Map
- Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
- John Tran – State Farm Insurance Agent
2820 Camino del Rio S Ste 310 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 291-1787 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Diego?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How many years have they been established?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lien holder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Honda Crosstour but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
In this article, we covered many ideas to save on Honda Crosstour insurance in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote San Diego car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honda Crosstour insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Lower-priced Honda Crosstour insurance in San Diego is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop San Diego car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)