Getting budget-priced San Diego Honda Civic insurance quotes on the web may seem to be somewhat difficult for consumers new to shopping for insurance on the web. With such a large number of agents and insurers available, how are we expected to efficiently compare each option to find better auto insurance prices?
It’s amazing but most auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in California could save roughly $470 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally because auto insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Honda Civic insurance in San Diego six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Honda Civic insurance in San Diego.
This article’s goal is to teach you the best methods to compare rates and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. But California consumers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Components of Your Honda Civic Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Policy add-ons add up – Policies have additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good at first, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- With age comes responsibility – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Youthful drivers tend to be inattentive behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Your spouse may save some money on your insurance bill. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Liability is critical – Liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Honda Civic insurance claim data – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The next table shows the loss history for Honda Civic vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Civic Vehicles
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Civic 92 105 68 127 135 121 Honda Civic Hybrid 90 85 106 105 78 Honda Civic Si 126 97 117 124 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$372||$500||$30||$150||$1,210||$101|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$368||$996||$596||$36||$178||$2,174||$181|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$792||$464||$28||$138||$1,706||$142|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$524||$746||$44||$224||$1,742||$145|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,204||$100|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$362||$424||$26||$126||$1,082||$90|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$554||$718||$42||$214||$1,704||$142|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$774||$416||$24||$124||$1,630||$136|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$522||$416||$24||$124||$1,300||$108|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$422||$1146||$746||$44||$224||$2,582||$215|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$648||$520||$30||$156||$1,616||$135|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$286||$656||$568||$34||$170||$1,714||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific San Diego garaging location which can decrease or increase insurance rates noticeably.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Honda Civic insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need quality insurance for your Honda vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in San Diego, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Civic, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays more than $800 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
San Diego insurance discounts for a Honda Civic
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Diego car insurance online.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn cheaper rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Diego car insurance quote.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get better insurance rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in San Diego is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, air bags, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- Travelers has savings for multi-car, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, student away at school, driver training, and new car.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and drive less.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in San Diego. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in San Diego.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you contact a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in San Diego that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- AG Insurance Agency
11440 W Bernardo Ct #161 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 431-9880 – View Map
- ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
- B H Gold Insurance
9699 Tierra Grande St # 100 – San Diego, CA 92126 – (800) 421-4653 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are San Diego exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- David Hiser – State Farm Insurance Agent
910 Grand Ave #205 – San Diego, CA 92109 – (858) 272-2343 – View Map
- Val Myers – State Farm Insurance Agent
12925 El Camino Real, Ste J26 – San Diego, CA 92130 – (858) 481-0401 – View Map
- David Thompson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 217 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 560-5400 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How many years have they been established?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
You can find cheaper coverage
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Honda Civic insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Discount Honda Civic insurance in San Diego is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in San Diego, so you need to shop San Diego car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)