No one in their right mind likes having to buy car insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much.
It’s shocking but a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Consumers in San Diego could cut their rates by $469 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies. Because you have many different company options, it can be challenging to locate the cheapest insurer.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes periodically since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Porsche 911 insurance in San Diego two years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
San Diego insurance discounts for a Porsche 911
Companies do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new 911 may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Life Insurance – Select car insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce your overall bill.
Companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
If you want affordable San Diego car insurance quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in California, click this link.
Where can I get affordable San Diego Porsche 911 insurance?
Finding more affordable car insurance quotes is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost San Diego car insurance quotes.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to drive to local insurance agencies. Comparing Porsche 911 insurance rates online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless your situation requires the personal advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$412||$1010||$534||$32||$160||$2,148||$179|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$298||$670||$464||$28||$138||$1,598||$133|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$562||$1088||$376||$22||$112||$2,160||$180|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$606||$1272||$450||$26||$134||$2,488||$207|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$482||$1066||$424||$26||$128||$2,126||$177|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$438||$1084||$574||$34||$172||$2,302||$192|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$438||$1012||$424||$26||$126||$2,026||$169|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$442||$940||$384||$22||$114||$1,902||$159|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$426||$684||$492||$30||$148||$1,780||$148|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$690||$456||$26||$136||$1,648||$137|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$654||$1512||$450||$26||$134||$2,776||$231|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$770||$1716||$596||$36||$178||$3,296||$275|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$476||$1080||$596||$36||$178||$2,366||$197|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$434||$1002||$354||$20||$106||$1,916||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise San Diego auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents increase Porsche 911 insurance prices for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Licensed agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to companies in San Diego who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
When researching an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are San Diego exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in San Diego willing to provide rate quotes.
Once you have good feedback to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can service your policy. Keep in mind it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are obligated to any specific agency for a certain time period.
Smart consumers save more
When shopping online for car insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation or high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers work with local independent agents. Cheap Porsche 911 insurance in San Diego can be bought both online in addition to many San Diego insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)