How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for the cheapest Nissan Titan insurance in San Diego? Are you regretting the purchase of an expensive insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many San Diego drivers feel the same as you.
Shocking but true, most consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in San Diego could save an average of approximately $470 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Since you have so many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to find the most affordable insurance company.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in San Diego is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Nevertheless, California car owners must understand how insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- San Diego Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Titan insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Titan can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Telematics Devices – San Diego drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few companies who may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free San Diego car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here to view.
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes helps you find lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get San Diego Titan insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$370||$672||$624||$36||$186||$1,888||$157|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$490||$686||$578||$34||$174||$1,962||$164|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$184||$300||$416||$24||$124||$1,048||$87|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$650||$718||$42||$214||$1,994||$166|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$306||$534||$668||$40||$200||$1,748||$146|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,436||$120|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$792||$624||$36||$186||$2,008||$167|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$304||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,450||$121|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$306||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,660||$138|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$266||$426||$552||$32||$166||$1,442||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific San Diego garaging location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Titan insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no written rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Titan replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Titan annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
How Your Titan Insurance Premiums are Determined
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Liability protection claims can be big – Liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Don’t abuse claims – Car insurance companies in California give the lowest premiums to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Where you reside – Being located in a rural area has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Many insurers allow better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Insurance loss data for Nissan Titan vehicles – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the loss history for Nissan Titan vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Titan Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD 95 127 120 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD 95 137 109 77 99 108 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD 117 111 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD 106 107
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood San Diego auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in San Diego who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does their agency support local causes in San Diego?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How many years have they been established?
What types of auto insurance agents are in San Diego?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that can give you rate quotes.
Theresa Nguyen-Muth – State Farm Insurance Agent
6650 Flanders Dr F – San Diego, CA 92121 – (858) 450-6000 – View Map
Steve Lewis – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Jackson Dr Ste 7 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 466-3276 – View Map
Farmers Insurance – Aaron Farmer
7960 Silverton Ave #202 – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 689-0466 – View Map
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you should always get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that can give you rate quotes.
3940 Hancock St – San Diego, CA 92110 – (858) 336-4644 – View Map
Nickie Heath Insurance Agency
16855 W Bernardo Dr # 230 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 487-3737 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Three reasons to insure your Nissan Titan
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in San Diego, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Titan has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your Nissan Titan and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Shop smart and save
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies. Cheaper Nissan Titan insurance in San Diego is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how you can find affordable Nissan Titan insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)