Do you want to learn how to find low-cost auto insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Nissan Quest insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Nissan and locate the lowest price from San Diego insurance agents and online providers.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance without having to cut coverage. We hope to let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and how to save the most money. Vehicle owners just need to know the proper methods to shop for car insurance from many different companies online.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes on the web. The process is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, their quoting system requests reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on many factors.
Being able to quote online for Nissan Quest insurance in San Diego helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best rate.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Quest insurance, insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Quest more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Five factors that affect insurance premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that are used to determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices. Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most major companies will award a discount to clients that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Pay lower rates if you’re married – Being married helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Consider raising physical damage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- Don’t let your car insurance lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Insurance loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles – Insurers use historical loss data to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased losses will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Nissan Quest Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Quest 96 103 94 120 115 98
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost San Diego insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Quest insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in San Diego may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Quest is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm discounts include good student, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, renters, defensive driver, and safety device.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, good student, and anti-theft.
If you need cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be offered in your area.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
When do I need to have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice. Good agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in San Diego.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is submitted to companies in San Diego that can provide free San Diego auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below are San Diego independent agents who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below are San Diego exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm: Wendy Phillips
3838 Camino Del Rio N #103 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 563-0380 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David James
8333 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 110 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 278-4880 – View Map
- David Hiser – State Farm Insurance Agent
910 Grand Ave #205 – San Diego, CA 92109 – (858) 272-2343 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Diego?
Cheaper coverage is out there
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Nissan Quest insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Nissan Quest insurance is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests or policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)