Do you want a faster way to compare cheaper Nissan cube insurance in San Diego? Nobody enjoys paying for insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high.
A recent survey discovered that most insurance buyers in California have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted insurance rates at all. American drivers could save an average of almost $860 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the lowest price insurer.
Comparing quotes for cheaper protection in San Diego is not that difficult. Essentially every person who needs more affordable insurance most likely will get better rates. But California car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies price insurance differently because it varies considerably.
The are a couple different ways to compare prices from many available insurance companies in California. The simplest method to find competitive Nissan cube insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to drive around to and from local San Diego insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the peace of mind of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding a better price.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$334||$544||$534||$32||$160||$1,604||$134|
|Cube SL 2WD||$238||$454||$500||$30||$150||$1,372||$114|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$378||$780||$534||$32||$160||$1,884||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in San Diego location which can alter premiums noticeably.
Higher deductibles save money
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Nissan cube yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don’t overlook these Nissan cube insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with several vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can earn cheaper rates.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here to view.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though San Diego cube insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects your Nissan cube and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Nissan cube is totaled?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in San Diego.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego who may provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Diego who can help you get price quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?