Are you intimidated by the wide range of car insurance providers available to you? Lot’s of other drivers are too. California people have so many providers available that it is a difficult mission to compare rates on Mercury Marauder insurance. Everyone knows that San Diego is a great place to live, but having to pay for pricey car insurance can make it hard for many drivers to make ends meet.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Drivers in California could save up to 35% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons every six months because car insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Mercury Marauder insurance in San Diego last year you can probably find a better rate now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Marauder insurance online but you can learn some proven techniques to buy car insurance cheaper in San Diego.
This article’s goal is to help educate you on how to compare rates easily. If you are insured now, you should be able to get lower rates using these tips. Although California vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
When quoting insurance, remember that getting more free quotes increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though San Diego Marauder insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Mercury Marauder with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mercury at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your Mercury but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mercury gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Mercury Marauder insurance rates in San Diego
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a San Diego auto insurance quote.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from San Diego attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as opposed to frequent claim filers.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, homeowner, good student, alternative fuel, youthful driver, distant student, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, driver training, renewal discount, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, good student, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Allstate discounts include safe driver, premier plus, anti-theft, teenSMART discount, premier discount, and FullPay discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, air bags, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
If you need inexpensive San Diego auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your state. To view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, follow this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in San Diego.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Different types of car insurance agents in San Diego
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agents and how they work. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you will want to compare quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
The following are San Diego independent agents who can help you get free price quotes.
- Stanley Wong Insurance
4619 Convoy St # C – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 569-0383 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
- Oversea Insurance Agency, Inc
1274 Scott St – San Diego, CA 92106 – (800) 266-2662 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you rate quotes.
- Rick Wiese – State Farm Insurance Agent
2333 Camino del Rio S – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 293-7211 – View Map
- Dave Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
12121 Scripps Summit Dr Ste 100 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 621-6681 – View Map
- Deryk Inn – State Farm Insurance Agent
3633 Camino del Rio S #100 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 362-4820 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in San Diego should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles.
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
When you buy San Diego auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered many ways to compare Mercury Marauder insurance prices in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Low-cost Mercury Marauder insurance in San Diego is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Diego Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)