Finding the cheapest insurance for a Mazda RX-8 in California could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to buy insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Mazda and get the best price possible from San Diego insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good habit to check insurance prices every six months since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best premium rates on Mazda RX-8 insurance in San Diego a year ago a different company probably has better prices today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about RX-8 insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to reduce your insurance bill.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$336||$618||$574||$34||$172||$1,734||$145|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$330||$648||$416||$24||$124||$1,542||$129|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$258||$482||$450||$26||$134||$1,350||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can influence rates substantially.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can impact Mazda RX-8 car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Save with these discounts on Mazda RX-8 insurance in San Diego
Auto insurance companies don’t list every possible discount very well, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in San Diego may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new RX-8 can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- USAA offers premium reductions for defensive driver, family discount, loyalty savings, good student, vehicle storage, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- American Family has savings for air bags, defensive driver, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance offers discounts including good student, good driver, anti-theft, safety device, and renters.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, distant student, homeowner, youthful driver, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Diego who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Diego?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Diego?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine premiums.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurance companies apply discounts to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Drivers with high credit save – Having a good credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Mazda RX-8 if you clean up your credit.
Only buy incidental coverages you need – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Pay less with a high safety rating – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Mazda RX-8 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Single drivers may get higher prices – Your spouse can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Drive lots and pay more – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your RX-8 may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Gender and auto insurance prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Three good reasons to insure your Mazda vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Mazda RX-8 and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Mazda gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in California is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Smart consumers save more
More affordable insurance in San Diego can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free San Diego auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)