No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that the price is too high.
Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many consumers in San Diego could cut their rates by approximately $469 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they changed companies. Due to the abundance of companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the most affordable insurance company.
Locating the best rates in San Diego is really quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Consumers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|CX-9 Sport 2WD
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD
|CX-9 Sport AWD
|CX-9 Touring 2WD
|CX-9 Touring AWD
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect coverage prices significantly.
Raise deductibles and save
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Mazda CX-9 premium costs for different age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Don’t overlook these Mazda CX-9 insurance discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a San Diego auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Diego auto insurance quote compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total CX-9 insurance premium.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a San Diego auto insurance quote.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in San Diego, click here to view.
Are insurance agents used anymore?
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in San Diego who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in San Diego should be willing to answer these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Diego?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are San Diego exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agents in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as low cost Mazda CX-9 insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying a policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in San Diego?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most larger insurance companies afford lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare Mazda CX-9 rates in San Diego to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- How your age affects costs – Youthful drivers in California are known to get distracted easily when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Fewer miles means better prices – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy is rated on the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated CX-9 may be wasting your money.
- Mazda CX-9 insurance claim data – Companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The table below illustrates the loss history for Mazda CX-9 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Mazda CX-9 Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-9 4dr 2WD 87 108 74 87 95 89 Mazda CX-9 4dr 4WD 89 109 92 80 76 77
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance for your CX-9
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda CX-9 insurance, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mazda CX-9, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Mazda CX-9 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to save money.
Quote more to save more
Cheaper auto insurance in San Diego can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Seniors in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)