Are you researching the cheapest Lincoln Navigator insurance in San Diego? Price shopping your Lincoln Navigator insurance in San Diego is always a challenge for drivers who are new to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many options that it can turn into a challenge to find a cheaper company.
Shocking but true, most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in California could cut their rates by roughly 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices at least once a year because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Lincoln Navigator insurance in San Diego a couple years back a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Lincoln Navigator insurance in San Diego.
If you have a policy now, you will be able to reduce premiums using these methods. These techniques will teach you a little about how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies price online insurance.
When shopping for Lincoln Navigator insurance in San Diego there are multiple ways to compare quotes from local San Diego car insurance companies. One of the best ways to find cheaper Lincoln Navigator rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
When quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes will enable you to find the best rates. Not every company allows you to get San Diego Navigator insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$370||$712||$574||$34||$172||$1,862||$155|
|Navigator L 4WD||$506||$1052||$574||$34||$172||$2,338||$195|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can change prices noticeably.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can increase Lincoln Navigator car insurance rates for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lower-cost San Diego auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Sign Early and Save – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Diego auto insurance quote when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, early bird, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide has savings for business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, paid-in-full, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
If you want affordable Lincoln Navigator insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in San Diego. To view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in San Diego, follow this link.
Smart Buyers Know How to Quote Car Insurance More Affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Male prices may be higher – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Youthful drivers in California are statistically shown to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Save money by eliminating extra coverages – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Things like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Avoid car insurance lapses – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
- Urban areas may pay more – Being located in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Insurance loss data for Lincoln Navigator vehicles – Companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium rates. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln Navigator vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Lincoln Navigator Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln Navigator 4dr 2WD 109 114 61 Lincoln Navigator 4dr 4WD 93 89 82 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 2WD 129 69 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 4WD 101 116 119
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in San Diego should have no problem answering these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
The following is a list of insurers in San Diego that may be able to provide price quotes for Lincoln Navigator insurance in San Diego.
- Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Philip Mullane
3555 Rosecrans St Ste 202 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 223-2191 – View Map
- Lazaro Neto – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 El Cajon Blvd #13 – San Diego, CA 92115 – (619) 229-6799 – View Map
- State Farm: Tom Latsko
8680 Navajo Rd #214 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 462-5701 – View Map
Ads can be misleading
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the promise that you’ll save big if you move your policy. How do they all cost less than your current company? This is the trick they use.
Companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of this type of insured should be over the age of 35, owns a home, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver that fits those parameters receives the best rates in San Diego as well as save when they switch companies.
Insureds who don’t measure up to these criteria will get higher premium rates and the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings. This really emphasizes why drivers must get San Diego auto insurance quotes as often as possible. Because you never know which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Cheaper coverage is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Lincoln Navigator insurance rates online in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)