Searching for more affordable Lincoln Continental insurance in San Diego? Tired of sacrificing other expenses to keep your car insured? You are no different than the majority of other drivers in California.
It’s astonishing, but nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers can save roughly 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched.
There are many insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find a good deal for Lincoln Continental insurance in San Diego.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons before your next renewal because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in San Diego last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Locating the lowest-priced coverage in San Diego is not as hard as you think. In a nutshell, each driver who has to buy car insurance stands a good chance to get better rates. But California drivers must understand how big insurance companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes helps locate a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide online San Diego Continental insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Choosing Continental insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Diego, buying auto insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Continental with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Big name companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. All the ads state the claim that drivers can save some big amount just by switching your policy. That’s great but how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the trick they use.
Companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that will be a good risk. An example of a desirable insured should be married and over the age of 30, has a clear driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred car insurance rates in San Diego and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who fall outside these standards will be quoted higher premiums which leads to the customer not purchasing. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates.
This really emphasizes why you really should compare as many free San Diego auto insurance quotes as you can. It’s not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest rate quotes.
Cheaper rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in San Diego with these five auto insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a driver safety course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Continental insurance in San Diego.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
For a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Diego, click here.
Should I have guidance from an agent?
A lot of people still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in San Diego.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is submitted to companies in San Diego who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in San Diego may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that may be able to provide free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive agents in San Diego who can help you get price quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Any good agent in San Diego should know the answers to these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is the quote a firm price?
How much auto insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What happens if I owe more than my Lincoln Continental is worth?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, emergency aid, bail bonds, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Lincoln Continental.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Continental to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, doctor visits, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
More effort can pay off
Cost effective Lincoln Continental insurance can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Lincoln Continental insurance in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)