I really doubt anyone fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, especially when they know the prices are way too high.
It’s shocking but almost 70% of insureds in California have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the lowest rate on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in San Diego.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes yearly since prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rate on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in San Diego at your last renewal a different company probably has better premium rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about Range Rover insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some great ways to save money.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does online San Diego Range Rover insurance quotes, so you need to compare prices from them as well.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Land Rover Range Rover in San Diego, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Land Rover Range Rover, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Land Rover at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Big brands don’t always mean big savings
Auto insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies say the same thing about savings just by moving your auto insurance coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies quote their best rates for the driver that earns them the most money. For instance, this type of insured could possibly be a mature driver, has other policies, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches that profile will probably get the lowest rates as well as save when switching.
Insureds who are not a match for the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This illustrates why you should compare free San Diego car insurance quotes often. Because you never know the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a San Diego car insurance quote.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, switch companies, business and professional, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly retired, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, newly married, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
If you want affordable San Diego car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in San Diego. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer cheap Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes in San Diego, click here to view.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to companies in San Diego that can give you free San Diego car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in San Diego, get answers to these questions.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Diego?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
If you’re trying to find a local San Diego insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive agents in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: PGC Insurance Agency
6919 Paradise Valley Rd, # A9 – San Diego, CA 92139 – (619) 773-2300 – View Map
Duane Werner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6663 El Cajon Blvd j – San Diego, CA 92115 – (619) 668-5414 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are San Diego independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
AG Insurance Agency
11440 W Bernardo Ct #161 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 431-9880 – View Map
Stanley Wong Insurance
4619 Convoy St # C – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 569-0383 – View Map
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Quote more and you will save more
Affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance in San Diego can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)