Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable auto insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego buyers have options when searching for low-cost Kia Sorento insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Kia and get the cheapest rates from San Diego insurance agents and online providers.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in San Diego could save approximately 35% a year, but they don't want to spend time to find cheaper auto insurance rates.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons occasionally because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best deal on Kia Sorento insurance in San Diego a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Sorento insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you some excellent ideas to put money back in your pocket.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rates in California
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save Money with These Tips
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better auto insurance rates.
- Do you have a high stress vocation? - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like doctors, business owners and emergency personnel generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Responsible drivers pay less - Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Having just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Stay claim-free and lower auto insurance rates - Car insurance companies in California give most affordable rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Kia Sorento insurance loss probability - Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have increased losses will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Kia Sorento Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discount San Diego insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't always advertise every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote San Diego car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small discount on rates.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Companies that may include these benefits include:
Check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To view companies with discount rates in California, follow this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
The following is a short list of insurance companies in San Diego who can help you get comparison quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in San Diego.
- Kevin Kane - State Farm Insurance Agent
3914 Murphy Canyon Rd a252 - San Diego, CA 92123 - (858) 514-0385 - View Map
- Lisa Keith - State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 Rosecrans St b - San Diego, CA 92106 - (619) 694-4788 - View Map
- Fred Shadlow - State Farm Insurance Agent
7332 Casper Dr - San Diego, CA 92119 - (619) 464-4261 - View Map
- Karen L Wroan - State Farm Insurance Agent
12780 High Bluff Dr #180 - San Diego, CA 92130 - (858) 755-7553 - View Map
Save $433 a year? Really?
Consumers in California can't get away from all the ads that claim the best premium rates from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim that you can save just by switching your coverage.
How does every company make almost identical claims? It's all in the wording.
Insurance companies offer their best rates for the type of insured that will not have excessive claims. For instance, a profitable risk profile might have to be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. Any person who matches that profile will qualify for the lowest rates in San Diego and will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who fall outside those criteria will be charged higher rates and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The ads state "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can truthfully make claims like that. That is why you need to compare many company's rates. It's just not possible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Kia Sorento?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- If my Kia Sorento is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
As you quote San Diego car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies. Low-cost Kia Sorento insurance in San Diego can be bought online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)