Want to know how to find more competitive auto insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Kia Sedona insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to compare rates for your Kia and find the lowest price.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates quite often since insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best deal on Kia Sedona insurance in San Diego a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. You can find a lot of information about Sedona insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get some great ways to save money.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. This article will tell you the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper way to compare price quotes on the web.
Companies offering cheap Kia Sedona price quotes in San Diego, CA
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease price quotes greatly.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The example below illustrates the comparison of Kia Sedona car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your premiums.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Kia in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your Sedona is throwing money out the window. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Do you have a demanding job? – Careers such as judges, air traffic controllers, and dentists usually pay higher premium rates due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, athletes and retirees pay the least.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most larger car insurance companies will award a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to compare Kia Sedona rates in San Diego to ensure the best deal.
- Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Get better rates if married – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on car insurance. It means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Always have car insurance – Driving with no insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
- Kia Sedona claim data – Insurance companies use statistical claims data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sedona vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Kia Sedona Models
Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sedona 102 64 96 116
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles could qualify for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get San Diego car insurance quotes online.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from San Diego and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in San Diego, click here.
Buying auto insurance from San Diego car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in San Diego.
By using this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in San Diego that can give you free San Diego car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local San Diego insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you should always contact a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
- San Diego Insurance
4411 Mercury St #105b – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 565-6695 – View Map
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
- ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are San Diego exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Matt Kalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
4148 Voltaire St – San Diego, CA 92107 – (619) 223-1629 – View Map
- Dave Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
12121 Scripps Summit Dr Ste 100 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 621-6681 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: James Calafata
4325 Cass St – San Diego, CA 92109 – (858) 483-7171 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Smart shoppers get results
Cheaper car insurance in San Diego can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare Kia Sedona insurance rates in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote San Diego car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Kia Sedona insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a small local company.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be read on the following sites:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)