Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for the cheapest auto insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Kia and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and San Diego agents.
It’s a great practice to compare prices quite often since insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best rate on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in San Diego on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to save on auto insurance.
Cutting your San Diego auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Just spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes to see which company has affordable Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance quotes.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Discounts can help save money on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in San Diego
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Optima Plug-In Hybrid may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a San Diego car insurance quote.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy San Diego car insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, newly retired, exclusive group savings, new graduate, good student, hybrid vehicle, and safety features.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, multiple autos, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, anti-lock brakes, company car, teen driver, group or association, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
Check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To locate providers offering auto insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Why you need insurance for your Kia vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What if I want to buy from local San Diego auto insurance agents?
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in San Diego.
By using this quick form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in San Diego who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they function. San Diego agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in San Diego that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
- ARROWHEAD General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B St #2100 – San Diego, CA 92101 – (619) 744-5000 – View Map
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that are able to give price quotes.
- Mike Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
12880 Rancho Penasquitos Blvd d – San Diego, CA 92129 – (858) 484-1297 – View Map
- State Farm: Tom Latsko
8680 Navajo Rd #214 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 462-5701 – View Map
- Dave Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
12121 Scripps Summit Dr Ste 100 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 621-6681 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Diego?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How often do they review policy coverages?