Want to learn how to find low-cost Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in San Diego? High-priced Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in San Diego can overdraw your accounts and force you to make tough financial choices. Comparing rates annually is a fast and free way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
It’s shocking but most consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Drivers in San Diego could pocket almost 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like what your job is, how much coverage you want, if it has an anti-theft system, and an estimate of your credit level. Your details gets sent immediately to all major companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To find lower cheaper Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$182||$372||$500||$30||$150||$1,234||$103|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$238||$454||$500||$30||$150||$1,372||$114|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$370||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,884||$157|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease coverage rates significantly.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age in San Diego
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and accident claims increase Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Take policy discounts and save on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in San Diego
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- 21st Century may include discounts for theft prevention, defensive driver, teen driver, homeowners, early bird, 55 and older, and air bags.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts for online quote, anti-theft, renters, emergency road assistance, homeowner, Switch & Save, and safety device.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, good student, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Diego, click here.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in San Diego.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
3636 Nobel Dr #100 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 436-2441 – View Map
These agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Diego that are able to give comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How many years have they been established?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?