How long have you put off shopping around for more competitive Ford F-250 insurance in San Diego? No one is fond of buying auto insurance, especially when they are aware that it costs too dang much.
Remarkably, a study showed that most auto insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. California insurance shoppers could cut their rates by as much as 35% a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the absolute lowest price on Ford F-250 insurance in San Diego.
You need to do rate comparisons as often as possible because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Ford F-250 insurance in San Diego a couple years back there may be better deals available now. There are a lot of ways to save on F-250 insurance on the internet, but you can learn some great ways to find affordable auto insurance in San Diego.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these techniques to find the best rates without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in San Diego can initially seem challenging. Drivers only need to know the fastest way to shop for insurance over the internet.
Finding low cost San Diego car insurance quotes is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes to get quotes from online providers.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to local San Diego insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the advice and guidance of a local San Diego agent. It is possible with some companies obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-250 XL 2WD||$346||$632||$514||$30||$154||$1,676||$140|
|F-250 XL Cabela Package 2WD||$490||$810||$654||$38||$196||$2,188||$182|
|F-250 XL Super Cab 2WD||$370||$834||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|F-250 XLT 2WD||$204||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,388||$116|
|F-250 XL 4WD||$416||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,854||$155|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$238||$426||$500||$30||$150||$1,344||$112|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$390||$744||$514||$30||$154||$1,832||$153|
|F-250 XL Harley Edition 2WD||$490||$810||$654||$38||$196||$2,188||$182|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$664||$564||$34||$168||$1,762||$147|
|F-250 XLT 4WD||$390||$744||$568||$34||$170||$1,906||$159|
|F-250 XL Cabela Package 4WD||$428||$834||$746||$44||$224||$2,276||$190|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$792||$580||$34||$174||$1,950||$163|
|F-250 XL Super Cab 4WD||$270||$536||$580||$34||$174||$1,594||$133|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$334||$792||$480||$28||$144||$1,778||$148|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$374||$764||$510||$30||$152||$1,830||$153|
|F-250 XL Turbo Diesel 2WD||$390||$856||$514||$30||$154||$1,944||$162|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2WD||$490||$932||$654||$38||$196||$2,310||$193|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$522||$470||$28||$140||$1,402||$117|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$370||$664||$624||$36||$186||$1,880||$157|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$412||$792||$580||$34||$174||$1,992||$166|
|F-250 XL Harley Edition 4WD||$370||$664||$580||$34||$174||$1,822||$152|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4WD||$336||$618||$718||$42||$214||$1,928||$161|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$302||$490||$654||$38||$196||$1,680||$140|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$206||$418||$480||$28||$144||$1,276||$106|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$368||$774||$470||$28||$140||$1,780||$148|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$260||$564||$604||$36||$180||$1,644||$137|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$204||$408||$470||$28||$140||$1,250||$104|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$412||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,176||$181|
|F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$464||$912||$510||$30||$152||$2,068||$172|
|F-250 XL Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$430||$780||$500||$30||$150||$1,890||$158|
|F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel 4WD||$228||$440||$624||$36||$186||$1,514||$126|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$294||$524||$746||$44||$224||$1,832||$153|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$302||$426||$724||$42||$216||$1,710||$143|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$318||$502||$568||$34||$170||$1,592||$133|
|F-250 XL Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$368||$672||$520||$30||$156||$1,746||$146|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$388||$672||$746||$44||$224||$2,074||$173|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$228||$418||$624||$36||$186||$1,492||$124|
|F-250 XL Turbo Diesel 4WD||$300||$564||$624||$36||$186||$1,710||$143|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$546||$810||$724||$42||$216||$2,338||$195|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$774||$470||$28||$140||$1,780||$148|
|F-250 XL Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$468||$1072||$604||$36||$180||$2,360||$197|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$260||$564||$604||$36||$180||$1,644||$137|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$300||$616||$524||$32||$156||$1,628||$136|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$430||$780||$500||$30||$150||$1,890||$158|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$412||$882||$650||$38||$194||$2,176||$181|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$430||$780||$500||$30||$150||$1,890||$158|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$476||$960||$674||$40||$202||$2,352||$196|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$436||$856||$568||$34||$170||$2,064||$172|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$390||$718||$568||$34||$170||$1,880||$157|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$478||$932||$552||$32||$166||$2,160||$180|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$412||$882||$718||$42||$214||$2,268||$189|
|F-250 Cabela Crew Cab 4WD||$490||$780||$724||$42||$216||$2,252||$188|
|F-250 XL Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$336||$712||$718||$42||$214||$2,022||$169|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$412||$882||$718||$42||$214||$2,268||$189|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$416||$866||$510||$30||$152||$1,974||$165|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$454||$960||$624||$36||$186||$2,260||$188|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$412||$792||$530||$32||$158||$1,924||$160|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$438||$630||$724||$42||$216||$2,050||$171|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$280||$554||$718||$42||$214||$1,808||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise price quotes significantly.
Insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford F-250 in San Diego, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford F-250, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your F-250 are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is wasting up to $750 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford F-250 insurance in San Diego
Some providers don’t always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure several vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on F-250 insurance in San Diego.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Car insurance companies who may offer these benefits include:
Double check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in California, click here.
When do I need to have guidance from an agent?
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in San Diego who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is there a local claims center in San Diego?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
What types of auto insurance agents are in San Diego?
When researching a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in San Diego that can give you price quote information.
Allstate Insurance: Patrick Wang
8650 Genesee Ave Ste 108 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 623-3344 – View Map
Kevin Kane – State Farm Insurance Agent
3914 Murphy Canyon Rd a252 – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 514-0385 – View Map
Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in San Diego willing to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
B H Gold Insurance
9699 Tierra Grande St # 100 – San Diego, CA 92126 – (800) 421-4653 – View Map
Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
Once you have received good responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Ford F-250 insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive San Diego car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
More affordable car insurance in San Diego is attainable online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in San Diego? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)