Would you like to buy low-cost insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego shoppers have many options when shopping for the best price on Dodge Magnum insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates on a Dodge and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and San Diego agents.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t overlook these seven Dodge Magnum insurance discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before being credited. If you do not double check each discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Magnum insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Diego car insurance quote.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in San Diego, click this link.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Magnum in San Diego, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in San Diego?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in San Diego.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in San Diego who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive and independent San Diego auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local agent, you should know the different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in San Diego are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, you will want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- AG Insurance Agency
11440 W Bernardo Ct #161 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 431-9880 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
- San Diego Insurance
4411 Mercury St #105b – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 565-6695 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive agents in San Diego that are able to give rate quotes.
- Steve Elder – State Farm Insurance Agent
9225 Mira Mesa Blvd #208d – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 271-8928 – View Map
- Lisa Keith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1635 Rosecrans St b – San Diego, CA 92106 – (619) 694-4788 – View Map
- Duane Werner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6663 El Cajon Blvd j – San Diego, CA 92115 – (619) 668-5414 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What insurance companies do they work with in San Diego?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Diego?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
If you receive good responses to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like hospital visits, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Dodge Magnum.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Magnum to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.