How many years has it been since you compared more affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in San Diego? I can’t think of a single person who gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. San Diego drivers could save an average of 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes. Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in San Diego is much easier if you have a good place to start. Comparison shoppers just have to learn how to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
Car insurance providers offering affordable prices in California
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in San Diego, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
These discounts can reduce Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Diego car insurance online.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the premium cost.
To locate insurers with discount rates in San Diego, follow this link.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
- Where you reside can affect prices – Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Captiva Sport can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your auto insurance coverage states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Minor frequent claims are not good – If you file claims often, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in California provide discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Married drivers pay lower rates – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Many insurers will award lower prices to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other San Diego Captiva Sport insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Careers such as military personnel, airline pilots, and stock brokers tend to have the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Incidental coverages you don’t need – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your Captiva Sport policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Chevy Captiva Sport claim statistics – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Chevrolet Captiva Sport Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agencies near you
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Diego who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Auto insurance agents in San Diego come in two varieties
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in San Diego are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agencies in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
Don’t listen to company ads
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the lowest rates by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies convey the message that people will save if you switch your coverage.
How do they all charge you a lower premium? This is how they do it.
Car insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that earns them the most money. A good example of this type of risk profile might be a married male, owns their home, and does not commute to work. A customer who fits that profile receives the best premium rates in San Diego and will save some money.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to this ideal profile may receive more expensive rates and this results in the customer buying from someone else. The trick is to say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much when switching. That’s why insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best prices. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare free San Diego car insurance quotes often. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When you buy San Diego car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce Chevy Captiva Sport insurance premium rates online in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)