No one in their right mind likes paying for auto insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in California can save about $500 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy. Since vehicle owners have many auto insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose the most cost effective insurer.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting online rates for BMW M2 insurance in San Diego is very simple as you simply enter your required coverages on the page. Once you submit the form, the system pulls your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on these factors. The ability to get online price quotes for BMW M2 insurance in San Diego makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to perform this step in order to get lower-cost prices.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a BMW M2 in San Diego, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your BMW M2, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your BMW for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Score discounts on San Diego auto insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Early Signing – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current M2 insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- College Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new M2 can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the premium cost.
To see insurers with the best BMW M2 insurance discounts in San Diego in San Diego, click here to view.
When to contact a local insurance agent
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in San Diego.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in San Diego who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Lower rates by being persistent
You just read a lot of information how to reduce BMW M2 insurance prices online in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive San Diego auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced insurance in San Diego can be found on the web and from local agencies, so get free San Diego auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)