Finding cheap rates for Audi S6 insurance in San Diego might be frustrating for drivers who have little experience quoting and comparing prices online. With such a large choice of companies in the marketplace, it can easily be a difficult situation to find the perfect company for you.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,387, San Diego drivers could pocket almost 35% a year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Audi S6 insurance in San Diego takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like whether you drive to work or school, an estimate of your credit level, if you lease or own, and how many miles driven. The rating information is submitted instantly to multiple insurance providers and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Audi S6 now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in San Diego.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S6 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$510||$1002||$456||$26||$136||$2,130||$178|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can impact prices substantially.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The information below shows the comparison of Audi S6 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though San Diego S6 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your S6 with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in California is wasting up to $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies advertise the message about saving some big amount if you get a free San Diego auto insurance quote and switch to them. That’s great but how can every company lower your prices?
Companies look for specific characteristics for the driver that will not have excessive claims. One example of this type of risk profile might be a female over age 40, has no claims, and has excellent credit. Someone who fits those characteristics receives the best rates in San Diego and have a good chance to cut their Audi S6 insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who may not quite match these standards will see higher premium rates and this can result in the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates. Because of this risk profiling, drivers should get San Diego auto insurance quotes from several different companies. Because you cannot predict which company will be your best fit.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Audi S6 insurance in San Diego
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount get San Diego auto insurance digitally online.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a San Diego auto insurance quote.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current S6 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you cheap S6 insurance.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- San Diego Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow companies to study driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Diego?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
When looking for a local San Diego insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Diego that can give you price quotes.
- Bob Beron – State Farm Insurance Agent
3232 Governor Dr c – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 453-7250 – View Map
- Mike Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2254 Moore St #103 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 295-8412 – View Map
- Mike Foley – State Farm Insurance Agent
5210 Balboa Ave, Ste A1 – San Diego, CA 92117 – (858) 277-1400 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most also write with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you price quote information.
- Stanley Wong Insurance
4619 Convoy St # C – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 569-0383 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
- Oversea Insurance Agency, Inc
1274 Scott St – San Diego, CA 92106 – (800) 266-2662 – View Map
After you get reasonable responses to these questions and inexpensive Audi S6 insurance in San Diego quotes, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my Audi S6 covered for smoke damage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, falling objects, hitting a bird and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Audi S6.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your S6 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your S6 to bring the cost down.
Persistence will pay off
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Audi S6 insurance car insurance rates in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for State Employees in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)