Would you like to stop overpaying and find low-cost Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Diego? Think you have an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are lots of people in the same boat.
It’s astonishing, but the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers could save roughly $470 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to shop around.
Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Cheapest Subaru insurance price quotes in San Diego
The companies shown below offer price quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
How Your Crosstrek Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
Vocation can influence rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupational choices like doctors, business owners and dentists tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your policy states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Crosstrek can cost quite a bit.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in a rural area can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
Getting married is a good thing – Having a significant other actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Companies offer many discounts on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Diego
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Resident Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from San Diego without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your insurance rates slightly.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will help reduce your policy premium.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, air bags, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers may have discounts that include student away at school, home ownership, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, and early quote.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, good student, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, early shopping, teen driver, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for renters, paid-in-full, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, and emergency road assistance.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, type of vehicle, and age of vehicle.
If you need inexpensive San Diego auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in San Diego.
Car insurance agents near you
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is coverage determined by price?
When researching a reputable agency, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are San Diego exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are San Diego independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. All the companies make the point about savings just by switching to them. How can each company charge lower premium rates? This is how they do it.
All the different companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. One example of a preferred risk may need to be over the age of 45, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anybody that fits those parameters gets the lowest auto insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Drivers who fall outside the ideal profile must pay more expensive rates and the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements. Because of the profiling, drivers should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Diego.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Discount Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Diego is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be found at these links:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)