No one enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, San Diego drivers could save themselves $470 a year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop their coverage around.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute best price available on Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance in San Diego.
You should take the time to quote other rates every six months because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rate on Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance in San Diego six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Affordable San Diego car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Diego car insurance with select insurance companies.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Endeavor can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down your policy cost.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and driver training.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, air bags, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, accident-free, multiple autos, good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To choose providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click here to view.
To find the best insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in California. The recommended way to comparison shop is to get quotes online.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to physically go to local San Diego insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online and still use a local agent. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Some companies don’t provide San Diego Endeavor insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Endeavor LS 2WD||$266||$524||$574||$34||$172||$1,570||$131|
|Endeavor LS AWD||$182||$372||$500||$30||$150||$1,234||$103|
|Endeavor SE 2WD||$214||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,164||$97|
|Endeavor SE AWD||$300||$524||$574||$34||$172||$1,604||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can change price quotes significantly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Mitsubishi Endeavor annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mitsubishi Endeavor yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mitsubishi Endeavor settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in San Diego.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures and how they work. Agents in San Diego are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in San Diego who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
A little work can save a LOT of money
There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance in San Diego is possible both online and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just read a lot of information how to save on Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper San Diego car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)