How many years has it been since you compared more competitive Lincoln MKS insurance in San Diego? There isn’t anyone who enjoys paying for car insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Unfortunately, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. San Diego drivers could pocket roughly $469 a year, but they think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes. Many auto insurance companies vie for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the best coverage at the best rates possible on Lincoln MKS insurance in San Diego.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, use these techniques to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best rates in San Diego is really quite easy. Shoppers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
Buy San Diego Lincoln MKS insurance online
Cutting your San Diego car insurance rates is actually quite simple. You just need to spend a little time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to go to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. Drivers can get prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$912||$394||$24||$118||$1,860||$155|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$912||$424||$26||$128||$1,902||$159|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$438||$712||$492||$30||$148||$1,820||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific San Diego garaging location which can alter premiums substantially.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKS car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a written rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Lincoln MKS claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Lincoln MKS insurance prices for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Cheaper rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in San Diego with these discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Diego car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current MKS insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Diego car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote San Diego car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need affordable Lincoln MKS insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Diego, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from San Diego insurance agencies
Many people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in San Diego.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in San Diego that provide free San Diego car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Listed below are agents in San Diego that can give you comparison quotes for Lincoln MKS insurance in San Diego.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Lower Your San Diego Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your MKS is throwing money out the window. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Where you reside – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Amount of liability insurance – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Lincoln MKS historical loss data – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Lincoln MKS vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Lincoln MKS Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD||121||90||140||78||103|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD||135||89||204||89|
|Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD||139||93||153||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln MKS in San Diego, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your MKS with a loan, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Lincoln but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in California is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote often and quote early
Cheaper insurance in San Diego can be purchased on the web and with local San Diego insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in San Diego? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)