Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used Lexus LC 500 in California can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier. There is a better way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Lexus and locate the lowest price from San Diego insurance agents and online providers.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. California drivers can save roughly $469 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to do a rate comparison.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Finding the most affordable insurance coverage in San Diego is easy to do. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Companies offering Lexus LC 500 insurance in San Diego
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
San Diego insurance discounts for a Lexus LC 500
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in San Diego can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from San Diego attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get reduced rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Club Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Claim Free – San Diego drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for accident-free, ease of repair, annual mileage, professional/association, and low natural disaster claims.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, driver training, and seat belt use.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and accident-free.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in San Diego. If you would like to view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local San Diego insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in San Diego that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Which family members are covered?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they full-time agents?
Different types of auto insurance agents in San Diego
When researching local San Diego agents, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in San Diego that can give you price quote information.
- David Hiser – State Farm Insurance Agent
910 Grand Ave #205 – San Diego, CA 92109 – (858) 272-2343 – View Map
- Dave Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
12121 Scripps Summit Dr Ste 100 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 621-6681 – View Map
- Steve Lewis – State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Jackson Dr Ste 7 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 466-3276 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Below are San Diego independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nickie Heath Insurance Agency
16855 W Bernardo Dr # 230 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 487-3737 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
- Anchor General Insurance Agency-Texas
10256 Meanley Dr – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 527-3600 – View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Just remember policyholders can terminate your policy when you choose so never assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency with no way out.
One last note
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare Lexus LC 500 insurance rates in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. The cheapest Lexus LC 500 insurance in San Diego can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When getting San Diego auto insurance quotes online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)