Searching for the cheapest insurance for your Lexus GS 450h in California could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Lexus and find the cheapest rates either online or from San Diego insurance agents.
It’s important to do price comparisons quite often since insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rates on Lexus GS 450h insurance in San Diego two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like your credit rating estimate, how much you drive, the year, make and model of vehicles, and if you lease or own. Your details is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes quickly.
To compare lower-cost Lexus GS 450h insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GS 450H Hybrid||$226||$460||$416||$24||$124||$1,250||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease coverage rates noticeably.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims drive up Lexus GS 450h car insurance rates for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in San Diego, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Big names are not always cheapest
California drivers can’t get away from all the ads for insurance savings by State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle after switching to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can make almost identical claims?
Most companies quote their cheapest rates for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of this type of insured might be a married male, has a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anybody who matches those parameters will get low car insurance rates and will also save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for this stringent profile will see higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to compare price quotes frequently. It is just not possible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Lexus GS 450h insurance in San Diego
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on GS 450h insurance in San Diego.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Onboard Data Collection – San Diego drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to look at where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, air bags, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, home ownership, payment discounts, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, bundle, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, seat belt use, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is OK! Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in San Diego.
After completing this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in San Diego who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Best auto insurance agent in San Diego
When searching for local San Diego agents, there are two different agency structures and how they work. Agents can either be independent or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in San Diego who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
- Springbrook Insurance Agency
10650 Treena St #105 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 391-3001 ext. 105 – View Map
- Nickie Heath Insurance Agency
16855 W Bernardo Dr # 230 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 487-3737 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego who can help you get rate quotes.
- Lazaro Neto – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 El Cajon Blvd #13 – San Diego, CA 92115 – (619) 229-6799 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Patrick Wang
8650 Genesee Ave Ste 108 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 623-3344 – View Map
- Mike Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2254 Moore St #103 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 295-8412 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long has the business existed?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Lexus GS 450h.
Since many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your GS 450h from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your GS 450h to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like loss of income, structural damage, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, theft, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like hospital visits, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Persistence pays off
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheap Lexus GS 450h insurance in San Diego can be found on the web and with local San Diego insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When searching for affordable Lexus GS 450h insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be found at the links below
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)