How long has it been since you compared more competitive Kia Spectra insurance in San Diego? Searching for cheaper insurance for your Kia Spectra in California can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a Kia and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and San Diego agents.
Companies offering Kia Spectra insurance in California
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in San Diego, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Marriage can save you money – Having a significant other helps lower the price when buying insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Low physical damage deductibles mean high costs – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Older people are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Better rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Kia scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Car features that lower insurance rates – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
You may qualify for discounts for Kia Spectra insurance in San Diego
Car insurance companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Diego auto insurance online.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a defensive driving class could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Spectra insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Diego auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from San Diego attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, follow this link.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice. Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Car insurance agents in San Diego come in two varieties
If you want to buy insurance from a local San Diego insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. San Diego agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are San Diego exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Mike Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
12880 Rancho Penasquitos Blvd d – San Diego, CA 92129 – (858) 484-1297 – View Map
- David Thompson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 217 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 560-5400 – View Map
- R J Blake – State Farm Insurance Agent
1040 University Ave B201 – San Diego, CA 92103 – (619) 681-0060 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in San Diego that are able to give rate quotes.
- Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
- AG Insurance Agency
11440 W Bernardo Ct #161 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 431-9880 – View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Does my Kia Spectra qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in San Diego?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What if I total my Kia Spectra and owe more than it’s worth?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to lower your Kia Spectra insurance prices in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Kia Spectra rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies. Low-cost Kia Spectra insurance in San Diego is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Diego, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
As you quote San Diego auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for State Employees in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)