Finding cheap Hyundai Elantra insurance in San Diego is kind of frustrating for people new to online insurance quotes. Since there are so many insurers available, it can easily turn into a real difficult job to lower your prices on Hyundai Elantra insurance.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. The average driver in San Diego could pocket 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Locating affordable car insurance policy in San Diego is not as hard as you think. Essentially each driver who quotes car insurance will more than likely find a cheaper policy. But California consumers do need to understand the way insurance companies determine premium rates.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Elantra insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your bill.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see companies who offer cheap Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes in San Diego in San Diego, click here.
When shopping for low cost San Diego auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. By far the easiest way to find affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare rates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$322||$554||$384||$22||$114||$1,396||$116|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,228||$102|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,606||$134|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,388||$116|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$342||$576||$376||$22||$112||$1,428||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter coverage prices greatly.
Premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the comparison of Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Hyundai Elantra premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my Hyundai Elantra covered if I use it for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in San Diego.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in San Diego who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in San Diego can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in San Diego who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Leavitt Insurance Agency of San Diego
380 Stevens Ave – Solana Beach, CA 92075 – (858) 259-5800 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
- Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
- Karen L Wroan – State Farm Insurance Agent
12780 High Bluff Dr #180 – San Diego, CA 92130 – (858) 755-7553 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Philip Mullane
3555 Rosecrans St Ste 202 – San Diego, CA 92110 – (619) 223-2191 – View Map
- State Farm: Wendy Phillips
3838 Camino Del Rio N #103 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 563-0380 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Lower rates by being persistent
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Hyundai Elantra insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)