Do you want to learn to get lower-priced insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for your Ford and locate the best price possible.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on Ford Freestyle insurance in San Diego last year you can probably find a better price now. There are a lot of ways to save on Freestyle insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to find affordable insurance in San Diego.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in San Diego is not that difficult. If you’re already insured, you will be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Drivers only need to know the fastest way to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Getting a cheap price on insurance is not a difficult process. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rates from online providers.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Choosing the best Ford vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though San Diego Freestyle insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Ford and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The Ford Freestyle Insurance Premium Equation
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- How old are your drivers? – Drivers with little experience tend to be more careless behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Low coverage deductibles mean high premiums – The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are rearending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Do you save by driving less? – Driving more miles every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Freestyle is just wasting money.
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better prices – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time.
- Avoid tickets and save – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Even one driving citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford Freestyle insurance in San Diego
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Ford Freestyle insurance rates in San Diego.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper insurance rates.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on insurance.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of these discounts include:
If you are trying to find cheaper San Diego car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in San Diego. To see companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Local San Diego insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Diego?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in San Diego for you
If you want to use a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in San Diego are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following are San Diego exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm: Tom Latsko
8680 Navajo Rd #214 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 462-5701 – View Map
- Steve Elder – State Farm Insurance Agent
9225 Mira Mesa Blvd #208d – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 271-8928 – View Map
- Mike Foley – State Farm Insurance Agent
5210 Balboa Ave, Ste A1 – San Diego, CA 92117 – (858) 277-1400 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to contact several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Einhorn Insurance
3940 Hancock St – San Diego, CA 92110 – (858) 336-4644 – View Map
- Nickie Heath Insurance Agency
16855 W Bernardo Dr # 230 – San Diego, CA 92127 – (858) 487-3737 – View Map
Smart shoppers get results
While you’re price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Ford Freestyle insurance premium rates online in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
More affordable insurance in San Diego is available both online and also from your neighborhood San Diego agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in San Diego? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)